While looking through old projects i found MeasureCam. It was meant to measure the archieved height in snowboard highjump contests. 🙂 If you have a camera attached, give it a go. It tries to find a moving object with a compact shape, then determines the centroid and finally does some calculations for apogee. Height determined!
If you ever wondered what the map to the right actually displays … it’s a map of all visitors to this blog. Visitors are located by ip-address via the free geoip database and the resulting locations + count + last access are stored anonymously in a database. You can then access the data as a… Read More »
I’ve hacked a first draft of i2c-master code into grbl 0.9c. I found some i2c code here which doesn’t use polling as most examples, but is interrupt- and state machine based. This shouldn’t block the cpu and therefore shouldn’t intervene with grbl’s stepper signal generation. Grbl divides the requested rpm by 100 and sends the… Read More »
We’re doing digital signage. Currently trying to find a cheap reasonably priced & easy reasonable solution for a 2×2 @ fullHD videowall resulting in a 4K display. Lessons learned: displayport supports daisy chaining: comp -> display1 ->display2 ->displayX displayport cables can have 1/2/4 lanes supporting 5.4/10.8/21.6 GBit transfer speed, not sure what this means for number… Read More »
I have been running with my iPod and nike+ shoes (with sensor) for a couple of years. At that time i liked hearing music while running. I was syncing the workout data to the nike+ website, tracking progress … As gps trackers got smaller, phones got gps and fitness-apps, i was using the nike+ app… Read More »
It seems the “sim” part of the source hasn’t been updated to match the current dev source … deleting it helped ;-). Now, eclipse has only a few issues with syntax-hilighting but compiles perfectly …
As i had updated to Windows 8.1, picking up developing on Arduino wasn’t working out of the box: make was throwing an exception. Fiddled around – nothing helped – then made the bold move: updated Arduino IDE from 1.0.4 to 1.5.5r2. Had to set the plugin’s “Arduino IDE Path” and “Private Library Path” in the… Read More »