GeoFeeder is a GeoRSS viewer in Adobe AIR.
It focuses on the map (in all flavors: Virtual Earth, Google Maps, Yahoo Maps, OpenStreetMap …) and on the data. An advanced, html-capable tooltip window displays the feed-entries’ information. A list allows for simple sorting by title. It’s feed “database” is shared between all installations to aggregate as many interesting sources as possible.
Recently enhanced with various settings for a selfrunning “presentation mode”.
- Start it.
- Choose feed (check “Feeds” checkbox and select feeds in tree).
- Setup features.
You like it? Hate it? Use it? Leave comments or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
- add topo overlay
- reworked the reading of settings and providing defaults … worked for updates, but not for fresh installs …
- made the install badge work again
- using a true html-component for the tooltip
- changed the tooltip window for transparency options for current air 3.4 manifests
- updated the “install latest” script for air 3.4 manifests
- … nothing … really … was just cautious after the huge changes for version 2.x
Update V2.0 beta4:
- feeds in tree, multiple feeds simultaneously viewable
- feed items as highlighted/normal/minimized with adjustable timespans
- autoanimation for item window (highlighted/normal/minimized/all items)
- frameless fullscreen for presentation
- … some bugs … probably …
- switch back to self generated certificate (breaks autoupgrade!)
- initial “port” to spark components
- minor adjustments in ui and functionality
- first gml-feed, added “complimentary fix” for non spec conformant polygon
- added sorting options (see combobox) for list
- adjusted font size for detail window
- simplified detail window sizing code
- added timeout for slow feeds (10s)
- adjusted to current google map-versions
- Switching from a self signed certificate to a “real-one” (thanks Adobe!)
- should automatically migrate the certificate, if not: uninstall and install again from below
Features for V1.20:
- uses a shared url-db: entered feed-urls can be seen by anyone else using GeoFeeder
- uses a tooltip-window.
- message list to the right. click divider to open, drag to size, click header to sort (traffic/diesel -> price)
- supports “start-at-login”
- optimize tooltip movement, fix atom paser
- list-width/list-open-status are saved/restored
- view is saved, view can be fixed
- application startup made smoother
It is based on maptech, the “universal” AS3 mapping library.
Inquiries welcome ( for custom versions, base technology, customizing …).