maptech is my AS3 mapping engine.
After doing a tile-based mapping engine in Turbo-C 15 years ago, after doing Zoomify-based Flash mapping for 4 years (and still supporting it) i decided to create a mapping engine of my own, from ground up, with all features i like and using a modern architecture.
I’m working on this for more than 2 years now – constantly improving. And the record shows it’s usable in diverse setups: science, print, gaming and mapping.
- simple layoutable container-component
- layer based, whether map/image layers or symbol layers
- symbol layers use a dataProvider as data source, just like a DataGrid. You can actually use the same data-source for a DataGrid and a SymbolLayer.
- easily extensible
- implemented with performance in mind
- supports projections (linear, Mercator)
- support for most common map providers: Yahoo, Microsoft, Google, OpenStreetmap, Blue Marble, Daily Planet, Zoomify
- access map to this site
- PetDragon Facebook game (to be released)
- Document Proofing (offline)
- GeoFeeder an Adobe AIR GeoRSS Reader
- MaxMap multi-layer demo (200 map layers and counting)
- Cross Provider Map
- Scientific Imaging (of microscopic data)
Interested? Mail me firstname.lastname@example.org .